In its simplest form, distillation is a classical process used to separate liquids with different boiling points. The ethanol, being more volatile than water, boils first; its vapors travelling upwards towards the cooling touch of the condenser where, like the droplets on the outside of your cocktail glass, it returns to its liquid form to be captured in a bottle and called spirit.
The craft of distilling, then, is carefully coaxing the flavors from grain, fruit, and spice to temper the harsh nature of alcohol with the smooth, sweet, sour, or bitter that makes the spirit so enjoyable to the palate. As a small distillery, we can show off our creativity, producing customary beverages as well as the unique, small batch, single run spirits that let us experiment and keep our tasting room interesting.
Host your next event here.
News & Updates
- The GrandTen Bar September, 2016
- Cocktails and invention at GrandTen Distilling September, 2016
- GrandTen Distilling Opens Its Cocktail Bar August, 2016
- Meet Boston’s craft distilling pioneers August, 2015
- GrandTen Distilling Plans to Open a Cocktail Bar Inside the Distillery March, 2015