THE LEGEND OF TOMMY MAGUIRE
On a cold night in January 1887, flames erupted from the iron foundry on Dorchester Avenue, spewing smoke over the South Bay. Before the firemen could get to the blaze, Southie resident Tommy Maguire raised a ladder and climbed to the roof where he undertook to fight the flames with his bare fists! The fire eventually subsided, but the legend of Tommy Maguire lives on in our Fire Puncher Vodka.
This year we are honoring Tommy’s spirit with a donation. “The wildfires have been burning across Australia for months, destroying more than 17 million acres of land. At least 26 people have died in the fires, which have also killed more than a billion animals and damaged or destroyed nearly 3,000 homes. Officials say they could continue to burn for months“-Jason Beaubien/NPR. If Tommy were alive today, we are sure he would head there to help fight. Instagram a picture of your Fire Puncher cocktail with the #firepuncherday and tag the bar or restaurant, and GrandTen will send $5 per post to help battle the blaze.
Need a head start? Check you out these fine establishments:
- Fire Puncher donation is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram
- Fire Puncher donation is hosted by GrandTen Distilling
- Only original photos will be counted
- Post must be submitted by January 31st, 11:59 pm est
- Participation must be 21+
- Enter by posting a cocktail picture to your Instagram account, including #firepuncherday and the establishment where the cocktail was made. Home bar cocktails are allowed. No Instagram account? Email cocktails to FirePuncher@grandten.com