The neat class follows a strict set of rules.
- Wheel Base: Any as long as wheels do not exceed the 7″ total length requirement
- Total Car Height: Not to exceed 3″ inches
- Total Car Length: Not to exceed 7″ inches
- Total Car Width: Not to exceed 2-3/4″ inches
- Total Car Weight: Not to exceed 5.0 ounces
Additional materials may be added as long as they meet the rules. Other types of materials may be used to construct your own body and/or frame. 4 Axles & Wheels must be installed to the side of the car body directly across from one another / No more than a 45-degree angle.
Track Center Rail Height: 1/4″ inch
Track Center Rail Width: 1 5/8″ inches
* Wheels must clear the outside to outside center rail width measurement
- Minimum diameter .084
- Axles must have a nail head
- May be machined, lathed, polished and/or sanded to true the edge of the tread, surface, and circumference
- The tread/contact surface must remain flat and parallel to the bore as humanly possible
- No Angling, Reshaping, Canting, Round Crowning, Tapering, H-ing, V-ing, Dishing, the outside of the wheels and/or tread surface
- Lettering must remain on the inside and outside of the wheel.
- 7.50mm Minimum Tread Width
- Wheels must weigh at least 2 grams and a wheel can be removed after the race to be weighed to confirm weight.
- The wheels can be trued to get to the 2-gram weight but they are not to be cut down intentionally under the weight limit and then use a foreign material to bring it back to weight.
The following modifications are not allowed
- Starting or finish line devices
- Electronic or lighting devices
- Glass or extremely fragile parts
- Paint that is wet, smudges or extremely sticky
- Bearings and/or Bushings
- Sharp objects, sandpaper or abrasives on the bottom of the car (We do not want any damage to the rubber stopping pads)
- Axles and/or wheels attached to any device that mechanically or alters rotation and spin
- Any part of the car to go beyond the starting peg